Orthodontic Clear Aligners
Orthodontic treatment using clear transparent aligners are an excellent choice for those who don't want metal braces. They're very inconspicuous, so you can straighten your teeth without others being aware of it. Aligners is also considerably more comfortable than traditional braces and may be removed for eating and cleaning. If you're searching for a discrete method to straighten your teeth, Smile Works has the ideal solution.
This type of orthodontic treatment involves a set of custom-made, clear aligning trays that the orthodontist updates every week. Because they are less visible than braces and detachable for eating and brushing, there are numerous benefits over traditional methods.
What issues can clear aligners correct?
Clear aligners can be used to treat the same dental issues that traditional braces do; the only difference is that the alignment trays are barely visible and may be removed at any time.
Here are some problems that are commonly corrected:
- Crowding – Crowding occurs when there is not enough room for all the teeth to line up properly in the mouth. This can lead to tooth decay and make it more likely that you will get gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth – Teeth may be missing or the jaw can continue to grow incorrectly.
- Crossbite – When one or more of a person's upper teeth bite into the lower teeth, this type of dental issue arises. As a result, bone erosion and gum disease may develop as a consequence of uneven wear.
- Overbite – When the upper teeth protrude farther than, or completely cover, the lower teeth, this condition occurs. Jaw discomfort and TMJ may eventually develop as a result of this.
- Underbite – This occurs when the lower teeth project further than, or totally conceal, the upper teeth. Jaw discomfort and TMJ may develop as a consequence of this.
What are the benefits of Clear Aligners over traditional braces?
Three main methods to achieve straighter teeth are through orthodontic treatment using clear aligning trays, and dental veneers. The best route depends on a variety of individualized factors.
Clear aligning trays are removable, unlike regular braces. Even though this demands more responsibility from the patient, it's hardly ever an issue since the trays are comfortable and almost undetectable. Results for both treatments are often indistinguishable. However, since you remove the tray while brushing and flossing, it's simpler to maintain good oral hygiene compared to traditional braces - which can't be removed as easily.
Smile Works is a preferred Orthodontic practice and we would love to see you in our Orange County orthodontic office. Contact us today!